According to research by the American Heart Association, low blood pressure without any symptoms is not problematic. But if blood pressure drops down suddenly and shows severe signs, it can be life-threatening. So, it’s necessary to find proper low blood pressure treatment. Now, if you are trying to find How to treat low blood pressure? Stay with us.
Low blood pressure or hypotension is a decrease in blood pressure below the normal range. The average blood pressure level is less than 130/90. The level diverges naturally throughout the day. Blood pressure drops below 90/60 mmHg are recognized as low blood pressure levels.
Low blood pressure causes people to be faint or dizzy. At the same time, the severe case can lead to stroke, heart attack, and shock. It may result from dehydration to severe heart diseases.
VARIOUS TYPES OF LOW BP
Types of low blood pressure (hypotension):
In this condition, blood pressure drops suddenly after eating a meal. The person feels dizzy. Older adults, particularly those who have Parkinson’s disease, have more risk factors for hypotension.
Also known as postural hypotension, and is common among people of all ages. It occurs during a change in position as a sudden transition from sitting to standing.
Neurally mediated hypotension:
In this condition, blood pressures become low right after exercising or standing for an extended period. Children are more affected than adults. Persons with this disorder feel lightheaded, dizzy, and nauseous.
Severe hypotension is linked to extreme state shock. It occurs when body organs and brain do not get enough blood and oxygen for proper functioning. Blood pressure drops dangerously due to shock. So, if it is not managed correctly, it can lead to death.
SYMPTOMS OF LOW BLOOD PRESSURE:
Low blood pressure doesn’t show noticeable symptoms. While in severe cases, signs appear suddenly and become worse over time. Such symptoms are:
- Dizziness and fainting
- Feeling tired or sick
- Blurred vision
- Being confused and weak
- Rapid breathing
- Stress or anxiety
- Unexplained increase in thirst
- Feeling unconsciousness and confusion
- Having cold or moist skin
- Chest pain or angina
CAUSES OF LOW BLOOD PRESSURE:
Several factors cause low blood pressure. It can be temporary or long-lasting depending upon the person’s lifestyle and physical activity.
- Trauma or extreme emotions such as pain or fear
- Heart diseases like rapid increases or decreases in heart rate.
- Standing for an extended period
- Blood loss due to intense bleeding or burns
- Taking high blood pressure medicines
- Deficiency of vitamin b12
- Using medication for the treatment of hypertension, depression, diuretic, and Parkinson’s disease.
- Body position as getting up after you sit causes a rapid drop in blood pressure.
- Straining and bloodstream infection
- Due to Prolonged inactivity
- Change in body temperature
- Severe allergic reactions
- Diseases like diabetes and thyroid disease.
15 REMEDIES FOR LOW BLOOD PRESSURE TREATMENT:
There are several low blood pressure remedies. But the natural remedies are more beneficial in treating low blood pressure. You can get the herbs from any herb shop. Now, all you need to do is herb shop near me and find the best result.
1) Beetroot juice plays an essential role in managing blood pressure. Prepare a cup of fresh raw beetroot. Take the juice twice a day for a week. It is beneficial regarding treating low blood pressure.
2) Rosemary improves blood circulation and helps in normalizing hypotension. You can consume a 10 ml rosemary tincture or can make a blend of herbs. Use it regularly for optimizing blood pressure. Moreover, one can use this herb within the meal.
3) Almond milk is one of the commonly used remedies for low blood pressure treatment. Take six almonds and soak them in water overnight. Peel in the morning and make a smooth paste. Then boil this blended paste into a drink, particularly milk. Drink a cup of the poultice every morning to prevent low blood pressure.
4) Holy basil or Tulsi has a traditional remedy. It contains natural functional components like potassium, magnesium and is rich in vitamin C. Chew 5 to 6 Tulsi leaves every day, particularly in the morning. You can extract basil leaves juice and add a teaspoon of honey to it. Drink this juice on an empty stomach. This will be very useful in regulating normal blood pressure.
5) Intake of Caffeine like tea or coffee helps stimulate the cardiovascular system and boosts heart rate. Drink a cup of coffee if you suffer from frequent low blood pressure. Well, it causes a dramatic rise in blood pressure. You can take it in the morning or within your food. But do not consume it long-lasting as its long-term effects are unknown.
6) Our body requires a moderate amount of salt. People with low BP need to increase the fair quantity of salt intake. Add a half teaspoon of salt to a glass of water and drink it. But do not overdo this salt-water solution as it could lead to other health problems.
7) Raisins are a very effective natural remedy for treating low blood pressure naturally. Take 30 to 35 raisins and soak them in a glass of water overnight. Consume these soaked raisins in the morning on an empty stomach. Moreover, you can also drink the water from soaked raisins. Practice this remedy for a week or a month.
8) Licorice root is the best home remedy for the treatment of low blood pressure that is caused by cortisol. Licorice root blocks that enzyme that breaks down cortisol. It aids in the proper functioning of adrenaline. Add a teaspoon of dried or powdered licorice root in a cup of water. Boil it for five minutes. Strain it and drink this licorice tea daily.
9) Lemon is proved to be very effective for maintaining normal blood pressure. It is conducive in case of low blood pressure due to dehydration. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to a glass of water. Add some salt and sugar to it. It will boost your energy and also be helpful in proper digestion.
10) Ginger is a fast natural home remedy for treating both high and low blood pressure. Because it comprises effective plant chemicals like gingerol and shogaol, these components help prevent sudden fluctuation in blood pressure. It is antispasmodic as it helps in raising blood pressure by stimulating blood circulation. Add a 1 to 2 teaspoon of grated ginger in a glass of water and let it boil for 10 to 15 minutes. Drink this tea twice a day.
11) Take a cup of Carrot juice and mix it with honey. Drink it two times a day, having an empty stomach. This is an instant natural remedy in relieving low blood pressure. It regulates normal blood pressure by improving blood circulation.
12) Prepare a solution of Sugar cane juice in combination with lemon and salt. Drink this mixture once a day. It is an effective home remedy for the treatment of low blood pressure naturally.
13) Rose geraniums have antidepressant and antiseptic properties. It regulates the hormones and helps in relieving symptoms of low blood pressure due to stress. It is a pleasant fragrant herb. Pour 1 to 3 drops of rose geranium oil on a cotton swab and inhale it. Do these two times a day. Additionally, you can add 2 to 4 drops of oil in the bathtub and soak your body in that water once a day.
14) Try to drink plenty of water. It will keep you hydrated as dehydration is a potential cause of hypotension. Drinking more water will lower blood volume and alleviate dehydration.
15) Regularly doing moderate exercise like walking at least half an hour daily helps lower blood pressure. You are doing vigorous exercise for 75 minutes a week like running improves heart health. But do not exercise in hot or moist conditions. Moreover, yoga is another effective way that calms your mind. It improves blood circulation, thus helping in relieving hypotension symptoms.
Take these Preventive measures within home remedies that will help you in low bp treatment naturally:
Avoid intake of alcohol as alcohol is dehydrating and causes lower blood pressure. So if you are suffering from low blood pressure, then quit consuming an excessive amount of alcohol.
Simply changing the sitting position will also aid in lowering the symptom like crossing the legs while sitting. This will increase blood pressure. So these crossed legs will help the people suffering from low blood pressure.
Eat a small portion of a meal frequently a day. Because having a large dinner causes low blood pressure, mostly in older adults. This occurs due to the flow of blood toward the stomach and intestine for digestion. Then the heart rate increases to normalize the blood pressure.
To prevent low blood pressure, you should eat a balanced diet. Limits the intake of rapidly digested carbohydrates such as potato, rice, white bread, sugary drinks, and pasta. A person suffering from hypotension should add slowly digested food to the diet, like beans and proteins.
A person with low blood pressure should wear compression stockings. These elastic stockings decrease blood caught in the lower legs and distribute blood throughout the body. It exerts pressure on the legs and improves blood circulation, thus increasing blood pressure. Also, reduce the pain arising out of varicose veins.
If the blood pressure becomes too low, it could lead to serious health issues and life-threatening diseases. So, a person should consult a physician (Hakeem) for proper medication. In some people, hypotension does not show noticeable signs. In this case, it poses a lower risk of health problems. But it is related to heart health, so it needs proper treatment. In this way, natural remedies are proved to be very effective for low blood pressure treatment. These natural herbs are available at Hakeem Ajmal Dwakhana. You can check Ajmal Dawakhana products price list. Try sharbat Majun Tila Ajmali for lowering blood pressure. They also provide facilities to buy online herbal medicine.