Gum diseases are common as nearly 60 % of people experience bleeding gums. If you suspect blood when you are flossing or brushing your teeth, it indicates gum disease. It gets worse, showing symptoms like bad breath, redness, and swelling of gums. These are results from common factors such as improper dental hygiene, injury, brushing teeth vigorously, pregnancy, and poor diet. In this article, you’ll get to know about natural remedies for gum treatment.
M BLEEDING SEVERE?
Typically it is not severe if you may notice little blood after brushing. But if gum disease is left untreated, it can lead to severe inflammation and tooth decay. Also, some scientists associate Periodontitis (severe gum disease) with heart disease and diabetes. This is quite serious.
Then how to treat gum bleeding? Well, it is curable using Unani herbs. Natural products contain active ingredients. These herbal products are available in Pakistan stores as in Hakeem Ajmal Dwakhana. The home remedies treat bleeding gum very effectively.
CAUSES OF BLEEDING GUMS:
Several factors are involved, which cause bleeding of gums. Such as:
- Bleeding gums are caused mainly by poor oral hygiene. A dirty mouth has millions of bacteria that accumulate on gum lines and form plaque. This leads to Gingivitis, the earliest phase of gum disease. It causes bleeding and inflammation of tissues around teeth. If gingivitis is not treated, it can lead to a more severe form of gum disease periodontitis.
- Deficiency of vitamin k and c
- Gum infection
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy and puberty
- Smoking or use of Excessive tobacco
- Poor diet
- Excessive consumption of Alcohol
- Taking blood thinner medicines like aspirin or ibuprofen
SYMPTOMS OF BLEEDING GUM:
Bleeding gums show the following signs:
- Swelling of gums
- Pain and redness in gums
- Bad breath
- Tooth loss
- Tooth pain
- Bleeding of gums
- Pus around gums
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR BLEEDING GUM TREATMENT:
Natural remedies are effective in the treatment for gum disease. It reduces symptoms and keeps good oral health. They help in preventing bleeding gums in the future. So, treatments for bleeding gums practice the following natural remedies below:
- Saltwater is one of the easiest and common home remedies for gum treatment. Salt has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help in reducing swelling and infections. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of luke water and rinse your mouth with this mixture two times a day.
- Turmeric is very effective in bleeding gum treatment. It prevents plaque and gingivitis effectively due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Curcumin is an active component of turmeric. It has antimicrobial, antifungal properties and helps in the healing of infection. Mix turmeric powder and mustard oil together. Apply this mixture to your gums and massage gently.
- Oil pulling is an old ayurvedic technique to prevent gum disease. This process involves swishing some oil in your mouth for 20 to 30 minutes and then spitting it out. It helps in reducing harmful bacteria and prevents gums from infections. Oils like Coconut oil, sesame oil, and sunflower oil are used for the oil pulling process.
- Neem has antibacterial properties and helps in bleeding gum treatment. This remedy is so simple that one can easily make a neem mouthwash at home. Using mouthwash containing two types a day will help in reducing plaque.
- Aloe Vera is a natural remedy for bleeding gum treatment due to its medicinal properties. It is beneficial in reducing inflammation, plaque, and gingivitis. All you need is to swish the aloe Vera juice in your mouth for up to 20 seconds and then spit it out. Use it twice a day regularly. There is another way, such as applying a small amount of aloe Vera gel on your gums. Gently massage and then rinse your mouth.
- Cloves are the most effective remedy in reducing inflammation and preventing plaque. Because it has antiviral and antioxidant properties, grind some cloves and apply this Minced clove on the gums with the help of a damp cotton ball. Then gently massage the gums for a minute and rinse your mouth with water.
- Lemongrass has antibacterial properties and is very helpful in gum inflammation treatment. Add 2 to 3 drops of lemongrass oil into a cup of water. Swish with this mixture for 20 to 30 seconds and spit it out. It helps in reducing plaque and thus proves to be an effective remedy for bleeding gum treatment.
- Hydrogen peroxide is used as a disinfectant, but it is also used to remove plaque. Thus it endorses gum health and reduces gum bleeding. Prepare a dilute solution of hydrogen peroxide and swish your mouth with this solution. Rinse your mouth after swishing. This solution is also effective in reducing gingivitis and bleeding gum treatment.
- Take a small amount of honey and apply it to your gums. Gently massage with your finger and rinse your mouth. It has natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that are very effective in bleeding gum treatment as it helps reduce inflammation and infection of gums.
- Cranberry juice contains active components like phenolic acids and anthocyanins. These components have antimicrobial activities that help in protecting gums from harmful bacteria. All you need is to drink some cranberry juice regularly.
- Pomegranate is an effective natural remedy in bleeding gum treatment. It has antibacterial properties that protect gums from infections due to harmful bacteria. It helps in reducing dental plaque. Take 30 ml of pomegranate juice. Swish your mouth with this juice for a few minutes and rinse your mouth.
- Eating fresh and crunchy fruits or vegetables is very helpful in bleeding gum treatment, like eating raw apple, pear, and carrot after a meal cleans teeth. It helps in healing the gums. Consume Raspberries on an empty stomach twice a day. But do not mix it with dairy foodstuffs. It is helpful in gum bleeding treatment.
- Eating leafy green vegetables like spinach and lettuce fulfills the deficiency of Vitamin K. Thus it helps in reducing bleeding.
- Some herbs like calendula, cinnamon bark, Echinacea, and red thyme are useful in reducing inflammation and plaque of gums.
- Use these effective home remedies that are very helpful in gum disease treatment. But if the symptoms get severe then I’ll suggest you consult a physician or Hakeem. Here are some Unani medicines that are best for the treatment of gum disease. Such as Ajmal Manjan, Q-KYI, roghan laung are effective Unani medicines. These are available at herbal stores near me. Hakeem Ajmal Dawakhana is one of the best Pakistan herbal The dosage should be as directed by Hakeem. These herbal medicines are very helpful in reducing plaque and bleeding gums. It has proven to be effective in dental care and makes gum strong.
Bleeding gum can be an indication of gum disease which needs to be addressed. These natural remedies are helpful in gum disease treatment and are readily available at herb medicine store. It would be best if you brush and floss your teeth regularly to keep dental or oral hygiene within these home remedies. But if bleeding of the gums doesn’t stop within 7 to 10 days, you should consult a dentist. In this way, Unani medicines are effective in bleeding gum treatment. Pakistan herbal store, i.e., Hakeem Ajmal Dawakhana provides herbal medication. They also offer online shopping for these herbal products. These natural remedies are safe to use in bleeding gum treatment.