Bawaseer-E-Daamiya (Bleeding Piles) & Bawaseer-E-Aamiya (Non-Bleeding Piles)
Piles (Bawaseer) are swollen veins in the anorectal area. There are two different types, one of which is bleeding piles (Bawaseer-E- Daamiya), and the another one is non-bleeding piles (Bawaseer-E-Aamiya). Hemorrhoids can develop both inside and outside the rectal area or possibly under the skin around the anus, causing pain and irritation in the anorectal area. Almost 3/4 adults will have hemorrhoids sometimes in their lives.
8 Major Causes Of Hemorrhoids
Genetics: Piles can be inherited from family members, and also some people inherit a tendency to develop.
Chronic Constipation: Straining to move stools put extra pressure on the walls of the blood vessels causing them to be inflamed, which if not treated, can develop hemorrhoids.
Diarrhea: Chronic diarrhea can also be the cause of hemorrhoids.
Prolonged Sitting: Staying in a seated position for long periods can cause it , especially in the office or on the toilet.
Aging: Piles are most common among adults aged 35 to 65 years; however this does not mean that young people and children do not get this problem.
Pregnancy: Piles occur more frequently in pregnant women because due to pregnancy, the uterus enlarges and presses on the vein in the colon, causing protuberance.
Heavy Weight Lifting: Repeatedly lifting heavy weights can also lead to hemorrhoids. This heavy lifting can cause new or possibly worsen the existing ones.
Obesity: Diet-related flabbiness can cause bawaseer.
Signs And Symptoms Of Bawaseer-e-Daamiya (Bleeding Hemorrhoids)
Bleeding piles (Bawaseer-E-Daamiya) typically come after bowel movement. Patients with symptoms of hemorrhoids can also see the lining of blood on the toilet tissue after wiping. Furthermore, small quantities of blood might be visible in the toilet, or even in the stool.
The blood in bleeding hemorrhoids (Bawaseer-E-Daamiya) is generally bright red. If the colour of blood is darker, patients with bawaseer should notify a physician since this can be a sign of something dangerous in the upper gastrointestinal system.
Signs And Symptoms Of Bawaseer-e-Aamiya (Non-Bleeding Piles)
- Bulging sensation around the anus while wiping.
- Feeling of a lump around the anus area.
- Feeling that stool is wedged in the anus area even after a bowel movement.
- Sensitive to touch anorectal area.
- Difficulty cleaning up
- Itching around the anorectal area
- Irritation around the anorectal area
- Mucus-like discharge from the anus
- A feeling of pressure around the anus
When To Consult A Doctor?
If you have bleeding in your faeces or have piles that don’t improve after a week or two of home remedies, you need to talk to your physician. Don’t assume that the blood in your stools is due to hemorrhoids because rectal bleeding can be the cause of some other gastrointestinal disease. If you are experiencing a high amount of bleeding, you need to seek medical attention immediately.
Fast Facts On Piles
Here are some fast facts about piles;
- Women are more likely to get hemorrhoids during their pregnancy.
- The probability of developing hemorrhoids increases as individual ages.
- Piles develop when the veins surrounding the anorectal area are inflamed or distended.
- Sometimes, medicines and surgery are needed to treat hemorrhoids, but this happens only in rare cases.
Piles Management & Treatment With Unani Medicine
Hemorrhoids can be treated effectively by Unani Medicines. The Unani treatment of piles involves local applications, ointments, as well as herbal medications. There are some other treatment methods such as home remedies that can also be followed for the treatment of hemorrhoids.
Herbs To Treat Piles
- Gurmar Buti (Gymnema)
- Indarjo Talkh (Tellicherry Bark)
- Ratan Jot (Alkanet Root)
- Kamar Kas (Bengal Kino)
- Musli Siyah (Black Musale)
- Lajwanti (Shame Plant)
- Isabgol Saboos (Psyllium Husk)
- Khoob Kalan (Mustard Hedge)
- Senna Maki (Senna)
Compound Unani Formulations
- Qurs Bawaseer Khas
- Zamad Bawaseer
- Majun Muqil
- Habbe Muqil
- Roghan Bawasir Khas
- Habbe Surkh Bawasir
- Itrifal Muqil
- Qurs Kahruba
- Whole grains
- Broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables
- Root vegetables
- Bell peppers
- Cucumbers and melons
- Stewed prunes
- Cayenne Pepper
- Dairy Products
- French fries
- Fried foods
- Processed meat
- Salty foods
- White bread
- Caffeinated beverages
- Spicy foods
Lifestyle Changes To Prevent Piles
- People who are at risk of piles should drink at least six to eight glasses of water daily to keep the stools lubricated.
- Alcohol, smoking and caffeine should be avoided.
- Rough wiping of anus after bowel movement should be avoided.
- Avoid straining while passing stools.
- Lose a couple of pounds to prevent hemorrhoids as obesity and being overweight can cause hemorrhoids.
- When someone with piles feels itching sensation, avoid scratching in or around the anus area.
- Regular physical exercise helps in regular bowel movements and eliminates constipation.
- Avoid sitting for too long as it is also one of the causes that can develop hemorrhoids.
- Stool softeners can help to some extent, however before taking any stool softener, consult with your doctor.
- Medications that may lead to the risk of constipation should be avoided.
EndNote: Unani drugs should be taken under the guidance of a certified Unani Physician. In order to get optimum results, patients are required to follow the regimen strictly.