Health is a big concern these days. About 80% of illnesses are directly or indirectly related to digestion. The common digestive problems are abdominal pain, gas, bloating, and heartburn. These problems range from mild to severe—several factors such as stress, poor diet, and lifestyle cause improper digestion. Then how to improve digestive system problems? Worry not; you can get a solution with the help of effective natural remedies listed in this article. Now, you’re one step away to improve your digestion naturally.
We all kept eating healthy food to achieve our fitness goals. But do you know it is not what we eat but what we digest that makes us strong? Yes, if food is not digested properly and nutrients are not absorbed. Then it will lead to different digestive problems. So, it is necessary to improve digestive issues for proper functioning.
SYMPTOMS OF DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS:
According to research, about 4 in 10 people have once a digestive issue symptom at a time. The symptoms can be:
- Heartburn- burning at chest
- Chronic constipation and diarrhea
- Bloating and gas
- Loss of appetite
- Sudden severe abdominal pain
- Stomach aches
- Unexplained weight loss
CAUSES OF DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS:
Usually, digestive problems occur due to our lifestyle and diet. Some of the causes are below:
- Not chewing food properly. Well, it burdens the stomach and doesn’t produce enough enzymes to digest food. Minerals and vitamins remain unabsorbed, and the stomach doesn’t function properly as well.
- Taking a bath immediately after a meal can be contagious to digestion. Do you know how? Digestion needs energy, so it reduces body temperature when you take a bath after a meal. To maintain body temperature, blood around the stomach blood vessels start to flow to other body parts. Hence, it weakens the digestion
- Drinking chilled water contracts the blood vessels. So, it also causes improper blood flow, which leads to indigestion.
- Taking food at irregular intervals or skipping meals generates a slow metabolic rate. It increases cortical level, which causes stress and leads to improper digestion
- Drinking water immediately after a meal dilutes the gastric juice. It induces digestion problems.
- Overeating and eating spicy, oily, or junk foods produces acidity and burning.
- Consumption of caffeine or alcohol increases the risk of heartburn
- Smoking causes stomach burning and develops a peptic ulcer.
- Consuming dairy products in excessive amounts causes bloating, gas, and abdominal pain.
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS:
We have got the solution to the digestive problems that are straightforward and functional. You can feel the improvement within a few days by trying effective natural remedies for digestive problems.
1. Ginger is a great remedy to improve your digestion naturally. It contains natural components like gingerol and shogaol. These chemicals speed up stomach contraction. Thus, increase the digestion of indigestible food. Consuming ginger within food or tea helps in reducing vomiting and diarrhea as well.
2 . Cumin seeds are beneficial in reducing bloating, gas, and stomach aches. Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds in a glass of water and let it boil. Strain it and drink it. Well, it enhances the release of bile juice, thus helping in speeding digestion. Moreover, chewing the raw cumin will also aid in reducing heartburn and improve your digestion naturally.
3 . Isabgol or psyllium husk is the best way to clear the waste from the digestive tract. It is beneficial against constipation and diarrhea. If you suffer from constipation, add one teaspoon of isabgolin lukewarm milk. For better results, drink this mixture before going to bed. In case of lactose intolerance, patients consume it with water. In case of diarrhea, add a teaspoon of isabgol in yogurt in the morning. Isabgol has proven to be a very powerful natural remedy to improve digestion.
4 . Carom seeds contain active ingredients that help in relieving an upset stomach. Chewing a spoon of carom seed after a meal will instantly help the food get digested.
5 . Fennel seeds are known to boost the digestive system. Take a spoon of raw fennel seeds and chew them after eating. It helps in reducing bloating and improves appetite. increase
6 . Aloe Vera juice is beneficial for people having poor digestive systems. It raises the water content in the intestine, and you can improve your digestion naturally. Adding 10ml of aloe Vera to a glass of warm water will help in reducing heartburn and excess stomach acid.
7 . Figs comprise practical natural components that work like laxatives to relieve constipation. It helps in reducing stool usually. One can consume a whole fig or can make a tea of fig leaves. This will help in improving symptoms. It is proven to be the best natural remedy for digestive problems. But in case of diarrhea, you should avoid eating figs.
8 . Cloves have substances that increase gastric secretion and speed up the digestion process. It helps in reducing vomiting, gas, cramping, and heartburn. Add a teaspoon of powdered cloves to one teaspoon of honey. Consume this mixture one time a day before going to sleep. Both of these are helpful natural remedies for digestive problems. Moreover, they could make clove tea by adding boiling water one or two times a day to improve your digestion naturally.
9 . Pineapple extract is a natural remedy for digestive problems because it holds digestive enzymes that help in the proper digestion of food and reduces heartburn.
10 . Basil has anti-inflammatory properties due to the presence of linoleum acid. A person with an ill digestive system can take dry or fresh Basil leaves with their meal. They can also add basil leaves in boiling water to make tea. This will help in reducing the symptoms and improving the digestive problems naturally.
11 . Coconut water has a high quantity of nutrients like potassium and magnesium. It helps in reducing stomach pain, cramping, acidity, and dehydration. Drinking 1 to 2 glasses of coconut water thrice a day will help improve digestion.
12 . Adding a tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of baking soda to a glass of water can help relieve an ill digestive system. This helps in reducing acidity and gas. Thus both of these are effective natural remedies for digestive problems
13 . Turmeric is a powerful natural component that supports the liver. It improves liver secretion and aids proper digestion. Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties and helps in reducing bloating.
14 . Peppermint has antispasmodic and antimicrobial properties. It improves liver secretion and gives relief from itching. Thus it is an effective natural remedy for digestive problems.
These are very effective natural remedies for digestive problems. But, if someone is suffering from severe digestive issues, I suggest that he consult a physician (Hakeem). Some of the Unani medicines are below. These are very effective in improving the digestion system.
15 . Ajmal Arq Badiyan, gas mint, Arq Ajwain Ajmal, and Arq pudina are Unani medicines. These Unani medicines contain natural herbs and are available at Hakeem Ajmal Dawakhana. This helps in reducing symptoms like bloating, gas, cramping, and heartburn and improves digestive problems naturally.
PREVENTIVE MEASURES TO IMPROVE DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS:
Take preventive measures within natural home remedies to improve digestive problems. This will help you in relief from digestive issues
- Chew food properly at least 32 times before you swallow.
- Quit smoking
- Avoid alcohol and fizzy drinks consumption
- Reduce stress levels by doing exercise and yoga.
- Avoid eating unhealthy food
- Don’t eat before going to bed, especially if a person has acid reflux.
Digestive problems are very common nowadays. They don’t only affect your physical health but also influence your mood and attitude. People of all ages and genders suffer from these issues worldwide. Approximately 6o to 70 million people are affected by digestive diseases. Mostly the symptoms are cured by themselves. But in case of severe and frequent digestion problems, the illness becomes serious. So, proper treatment is necessary. But how to improve digestion? Well, there are several treatments present, but Herbal treatment is the most effective and natural way to improve your digestion naturally. This stuff is easily available and has no side effects. Fortunately, Pakistan herbal medicine stores like Hakeem Ajmal Dawakhana provide these herbal products. They also facilitate online shopping of these herbs in Pakistan. These are proven to be very effective natural remedies for digestive problems.